Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Getting to Know Danna

My name is Danna Perdue-Melton and I am the new program coordinator for Help Me Grow Central Alabama. I received my Bachelor's of Science degree in Psychology and a Master’s of Education with a concentration in Community Agency Counseling. Help Me Grow is a program close to my heart because I can use my education and skills to support positive change in the lives of children and families. As a former early childhood educator of fifteen years and mental health associate, I have had the opportunity to work with families, children, and teens. I understand the importance of an enriching learning experience, quality care, and appropriate early intervention when delays are identified. I am very passionate about early intervention, and Help Me Grow allows me to provide care coordination for families and link them to child development and parenting information and community resources. I’m excited to be working with young children and families in Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, and Walker counties. If you’re in one of those counties, dial 2-1-1 and ask for Help Me Grow. I’m happy to help and hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment